Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Out of this Blogosphere!

When I started blogging, I wondered if I'd think of enough things to say. Now it seems like I never have time to blog about everything that I want.

So.. quickly:

1) I've invited to join a really premiere group of paranormal romance writers for a new blog project called Out of this Blogosphere. MaryJanice Davidson, Angela Knight, Julie Kenner, Robin Owens, CJ Barry, Nina Bangs, just to name a few. The project was spearheaded by Gena Showalter and agent/author Deidre Knight. It's going to be really cool! I'm so psyched to be a part of it. You can see the web ring link on the right column of my page.

2) I'm currently on tour with the Girlfriend Cyber Circuit. You can find an interview with me on Gayle Brandeis's blog today. I believe I will also be featured on Karin Gillespie?s Diary of a Hype Hag blog and Megan Crane's blog later today. I love the Girlfriend Cyber Circuit. As an author, it's a great, free way to publicize your books. And as a reader, it's fun to learn about some of the great new books coming out.

3) "A Connecticut Fashionista in King Arthur's Court" was selected as a TOP PICK over at Romance Readers of the Heart. And what a great review!!! Thanks soo much ladies!

4) It's my MOM'S BIRTHDAY! HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM! (GAH - now I'm wondering if Mom is reading my blog. It's hard enough thinking of my dad reading my book... luckily he says he skips the sex scenes...)

5) It's also my dog's birthday. However, I know she doesn't read my blog so I can trash her. ;-)

AND FINALLY:

QUESTION OF THE DAY (So this isn't all about me)
What is your favorite teen 80s movie?

Mine is "Some Kind of Wonderful." I had a relationship similar to that in high school/college. A guy I was in love with who I had to play the "best friend" role with, while he dated other girls. I did end up getting him in the end (as Watts does) but then realized we were probably better off as friends. Or um, enemies, actually. :-) But as for the movie, I still cry everytime I watch the last scene where Eric Stoltz gives Watts the earrings. Now that's romance to me. I wish I could write something that powerful.

Plus I love the Flesh for Lulu theme song, "I Go Crazy." I'm sure the RT DJ never heard of it though.

9 comments:

ParkAvePirate said...

What a fun question! I am going to chose "Heathers". I never got to see it in the theatre but when I was in high school it was a cult classic. I also find myself in the Target DVD section debating whether or not to buy "Pump Up the Volume". That was a good one too. I think I had/have a Christian Slater thing.

Jen

Anonymous said...

The Breakfast Club is a classic but I have a soft spot for Lucas.

Deblyn98 said...

The Breakfsat Club BABY!! Can recite almost every line in that movie. All of my friends and family call me when it's on TV so I can watch it. And I do...even thought I have the video. Guess it's time to upgrade and get the DVD, eh?

"Demented and sad, but social!", John Bender, The Breakfast Club

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Dirty Dancing. Definately my fave. Oh, and quick side note, Marianne, I am about a quarter of the way through Fashionista and I LOVE IT!! It's definately going into my keeper pile.

Mari Mancusi said...

Thanks Jess!! I'm so glad you're liking it. Dirty Dancing is a great movie! As is the Breakfast Club. And Heathers! Jen - I forgot about Heathers! What a classic.

Mar

Amie Stuart said...

Sixteen Candles =\
and...and...and...ughhhhhh the movie, with the guys--OH Weird Science hehehehe

Keris Stainton said...

Oh, St Elmo's Fire. I loved Rob Lowe (playing his sax up on the roof). And Andrew McCarthy and (sometimes) Judd Nelson (I wasn't picky).

I wanted to be Demi Moore but, sadly, I was more Mare Winningham ("scuba suit").

I watch it now and can't believe they were in their early 20s. And that I'm in my early 30s. Sigh.

Diana Peterfreund said...

80s TEEN movies? Ferris Bueller's Day Off. Or possible Back to the Future.

80s movies in general, I adored WORKING GIRL, even as a kid.