Saturday, May 14, 2005

Happy Saturday!

Happy Saturday!

For those of you who asked, the party was great. It was at this hip bar called "The Living Room" on Boston's waterfront neighborhood. Very cool space which, as its name implies, has loungy couches which make for a very relaxed atmosphere. I hadn't planned on staying for more than a drink, but then I got to talking and actually stayed much later and had a lot of fun.

Then this AM I went shopping and found some new work clothes (which I sorely needed) and a dress for the Golden Hearts/Rita dinner they're having at the National RWA conference this year. The dress is really cool - it's white and flowy and sort of looks like a Greek Goddess kind of thing. Not something I normally would have ever thought of wearing, but I love it. Now I just need some silver strappy sandals and cool jewelry.

Parties and shopping. This is what weekends should always be made of.

I think I'm going to the movies tonight. Not sure what we're going to see. I've been outvoted on Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy already. (My friends aren't as geeky as I am.) I'm thinking maybe Kingdom of Heaven would be good - as it's one of those ones you want to see on the big screen. I heard that Kung Fu Hustle is funny, but maybe that's better as a rental. I hardly EVER get to the movies - so I want to be sure to see something good.

Okay I've bored you long enough with my weekend ramblings! Hope yours is just as fun!
Marianne

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loungy couches. Nice. Does Boston have any of those bars where you basically lie in bed and drink? Two birds, one stone, I guess. Assuming you like your date ;)

Anonymous said...

That dress sounds fantastic!!! :)

Mari Mancusi said...

Nah Boston is behind the trends as always... we're still on couches. By the time we get to beds I'll be so old I'll just want to take a nap.

Movie has been decided, btw. We're going to see SIN CITY! Yay!! And it's at this special movie theater that has waitress who serve you real food along with beer/wine while you watch the show. Yum yum!

Now I'm off to take one of those aforementioned naps...

Mar
PS If I get some motivation later I'll take a photo of the dress and post it. :-) I really do love it.

Anonymous said...

It would be cool to see the dress :) Sin City is one movie my sister has been wanting to see. From the looks of it even if it wasn't that good, the visuals alone would make the trip worth it.