Sunday, May 08, 2005

Boo -- No Emmy!

Well, the Emmy awards dinner was last night. I didn't go 'cause I didn't have a spare $110 to spend on a ticket. Anyway, it was lucky I didn't, 'cause I didn't win. Booo! But I'm not too broken up about it. After all, I won the last 2 years I entered and this year I HAVE A BOOK. Which is, in my opinion, far more exciting than some statue. :-)

I got a really nice new review up on Amazon yesterday and part of it cracked me up. It said, "This Author was SO obviously raised in front of a TV, receiving the typical American educational upbringing courtesy of modern day television programing." ha!

My mom would sooo freak out if she read that! And actually the reviewer is completely wrong. Growing up, my brother and I had no cable, we weren't allowed to watch MTV or HBO over friends' houses, and were sent to a private Christian school. Very, very sheltered from anything worldly.

It wasn't til I was older that I crash coursed pop culture because I was so starving for it by that time. :-) Became a child of the 80s, and never looked back.

Still, it was a really nice review, so thanks to whoever wrote it.

Marianne

No comments: