Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Everyday is like Tuesday...

Tonight's the night of my book release party! Whoo hoo!! I know you're probably sick of hearing about it at this point, so all I'll say is I hope to see some of you there - and if you can't come, but still want to sample one of the three specialty martinis, Fresh Fiction has put the recipes on their website. And I promise to post pictures.

Watched a very interesting low-budget movie last night on Starz called "A Midsummer Night's Rave." It was basically the plot of the Shakespeare play, but set at a Southern California rave. Very different. I really liked it, but then, as a former raver girl, I'm a bit biased.

Other things of note:

Dorchester posted some more photos from the RT Convention. Check 'em out.

Author Liz Maverick FINALLY hopped on the blog bandwagon and now seems quite addicted to the sport! (Told yah, Liz!) Since she's such a world traveler, her blog has exciting photos of places like Thailand on it. (And blatently stolen RT photos from me!) Oh, and if you've come from her site to sulk with the people who don't know who The Smiths are, the lyrics she quotes are from a "They Might Be Giants" song. Go on back and pretend you knew it all along. I won't tell.

Okay enough blabbing for now...
Marianne

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, have a FABULOUS launch party. Wish I could be there! Try not to tie up street traffic, remove clothing from innocent male bystanders, or cause water mains to explode. I know how things get when the chicks get together.

:)

L

Gena Showalter said...

Oh, man. That party is going to be a blast! I so wish I could be there to do all the things Liz warned *you* not to do. :)