Friday, May 13, 2005

Add it Up, Add it Up

So much blogging to do ... so little time to do it in...

One - If you haven't been following The League of Extraordinary Gentlewomen on Gena Showalter and Diana Peterfreund's blogs, you must go there now. Absolutely hilarious stuff. And you will find out my super alter ego -- Comedia! Able to save a sagging plot in a single humorous bound! But beware - the villians writers face - Bad Covera, Overlord Leixicon, Fickle Muse - are strong enemies indeed.

Two - Found a cool new review of CT Fashionista if you're into reading that kind of thing.

Three - IT'S FRIDAY!! Wooooot! And I'm off to a PARTY.

Four: Speaking of Diana - she goes on a good rant about YA fiction on her blog today. Okay, it's more like a discussion, rather than a rant. But read it. It's good.

Five - Red Pen Diaries does a RT wrap-up. Interesting and honest analysis of the conference. No mention of zoot suits.

Six - eFoodie talks about my book release party and what a cool bar Croma is. I agree!!

Seven - I never did post the martini recipes from aforementioned Croma party. Here you go. Drink up! Just don't drive afterwards. I'd never forgive myself.



The Fashionista Martini
1 oz Citadelle Apple Vodka
½ oz Brandy
½ oz Cointreau
Garnish with an Apple Slice

King Arthur's Martini
1 oz Patron Gold Tequila
1 oz Grand Marnier
½ oz Orange Juice
½ oz Fresh Lemon Sour
Garnished with an Orange Slice

Mancusi's Martini
1 oz Parrot Bay Rum
1 oz Blue Curacao
½ oz Pineapple Juice
Garnish with an Orange Slice


Eight - "Oh I forget was eight was for... but nine... nine... "

Nine - If you don't know what that above song lyric is from, go sit in the corner with the RT DJ who didn't know who the Smiths were.

Ten - I'm KIDDING. I'm not a musical snob. Really. But come on - who can name that tune!?

Okay this blog has gone downhill fast. Must start weekend.

Marianne

3 comments:

Mari Mancusi said...

DING DING DING!

Give Amy a gold star!!! She has renewed my faith in humanity and its music knowledge. :-)

Mar

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a great time at the party :)

TJ Brown said...

Love the cover of your book. Must try those martinis... the problem with being a mom of pre driving teens is that you have to wait so long to be able to have a good drink. Cocktail hour at my house doesn't start until after my children's friends have all been safely delivered home and mine are in front of the TV for the evening. Have a good weekend!
Teri