Saturday, May 28, 2005

Adventures in Teen Drama Part 3

It's sunny today! It's actually SUNNY! I cannot even remember the last time I SAW the sun. And it's not only sunny, but it's the weekend I am going to a cookout, so I can actually enjoy the sun!! Yay! (Sorry had to gush for a second - it's been raining for over a month now.)

My publisher Dorchester has decided to go forward with the Vintage Romance series and so I have put down The Camelot Code for now and start work on a new, still untitled, book. Thanks to the very brilliant idea of my new editor Chris Keeslar (he likes when I say he has brilliant ideas, though I think he prefers I say that he, himself, is brilliant -- but we won't go there) they are now going to be time travels. (Hmm do we see a trend in my writing here?)

So Naomi Neale is doing the first Vintage Romance and hers is set in the 1950s (I think) and then mine will be 2nd (out in July) and set in the 1920s. What fun! Flappers, speakeasies, and gangsters galore. What more could a reader want? (Besides, of course, a title. Sigh.) They're supposed to be humorous, but I haven't decided yet whether I should write this in first or third person. I'm now in the process of brainstorming the storyline - who my heroine is and how she finds herself back in time. So if any of you are as "brilliant" as Chris and have some ideas - I'm all ears. :)

OKAY enough about me and my writing career. I know you are only here to read what happened next in The Adventures of Teen Drama. Heh. The next entry is 3 days later - July 26th. And this is the night you've been waiting to hear about!

It's too funny not to comment on, though, so think of this as sort of a literary Mystery Science Theater 2000. Comments in red.

July 26th, 12:41 am

I am taking a big risk writing this book! But I have to write to someone and I can't think of anything else to do. (Ha! I had to hide this diary in my closet so no one would find it - now I'm publishing it on the World Wide Web!!! Too funny!)

Yesterdaay I went to the Guido's Dead concert at The Escape Club. It was fun. Everyone was there (Gretch wasn't though.) I was drunk. I kissed the drummer's drumsticks for good luck cause I know he likes me. (Yes, that's right Marianne. Lead the sweet innocent one on while you go after the bad boy)

Brian was there and was being as forward as ever. He kept grabbing me and hugging me, especially after the show. I was too drunk to mind until he tried to stick his tongue down my throat. So I bit his tongue (Seems the obvious thing to do, no?)

After, in April's car, he asked me to kiss his tongue better. I declined so he kept at it and asked me to kiss him on the lips. I don't know what posesssed me (except perhaps the vodka) (Damn vodka - gets you every time!) but I ended up letting him kiss me. STUPID. Everyone saw! Mark, April and Jason from North Andover. (OMG not Jason from North Andover!!!)

Brian put his arm around me and I put my head on his shoulder and closed my eyes cause I was tired. (Yeah, right - raise your hand if you're buying the "tired" excuse here.) He held my hand. Then when we got to North Andover to drop Jason off, Mark got in the front (Mark is smart and does not want to witness anymore of this train wreck!) and Brian lay down and put his head in my lap. (Very Hamlet of him, don't you think?) He continued to hold my hand. He can be so sweet, but what am I - STUPID? (Umm...yes?)

Today it feels like a dream. I don't know why I kissed him. Well, I just hope Gretch doesn't find out, though I'm sure she will. (Gretch isn't the girlfriend by the way - she's my best friend at the time and would kill me if she knew I was making out with Brian.)

Love,
Marianne

So there you have it. :) Now I've got to go enjoy that sunshine!
Marianne

4 comments:

Shannon McKelden said...

Your saga is totally cracking me up, Marianne! A few years ago, my mom found a box of my stuff when they were moving and gave it to me. In it was a diary from 7th grade.

I was having a particularly angsty year, apparently, with the opening line of every entry starting with "This was the BEST day of my life!", followed most often, the next day, with "This was the WORST day of my life!" Apparently, I knew no mediocrity, whatsoever.

After reading this dramatic tome, I called my mother to apologize for what must have been a hellish year. She didn't remember me being that dramatic, so maybe I was just dramatic on paper.

Maybe that's why I became a writer? :-)

Shannon

Anonymous said...

LOL on the entry Marianne }:) Those new books you're working on sound fun :)

serena said...

I don't know what is funnier, the whole Brian Saga or the fact that I have been glued to your blog to read about *what happens next. LOL. (Sobering thought). I think I need to get out more :)

-Serena

Elizabeth Kerri Mahon said...

Congratulations Marianne! There are some great websites about the 1920's if you're interested.