Thursday, July 17, 2008

DragonCon

I was so disapointed that I couldn't go to Comic Con this year due to the ridiculous costs of airline tickets and hotels in San Diego. But now I'm happy again cause Jacob and I are going to go to DragonCon instead!





According to their website:

Dragon*Con is the largest multi-media, popular culture convention focusing on science fiction and fantasy, gaming, comics, literature, art, music, and film in the US.
DragonCon has all the geeky costuming and party fun as Comic Con--if not more!--so I'll no longer feel like I'm missing out! There are some great celeb guests attending as well - including James Marsters - aka Spike from Buffy and Adam West -- Batman! :)

I've always wanted to go to this, but before now have never had the chance. So I'm thrilled!

One drawback - all the neighboring hotels are booked up so I had to book a room that's a mile and a half away. I'm hoping they'll release some room blocks as the dates get closer... It'd be much more fun to stay on site. I guess that's what I get for registering late...

Oh well, it'll still be awesome! If any of you have attended in the past, I'd love to hear your thoughts/experiences. :)

Marianne

No comments: