Monday, June 16, 2008

Shinjuku Pics

I went to work for a half day today, but left early cause I was so exhausted and jet lagged. Came home and slept five hours! Hopefully I'll still be able to sleep tonight. It's thundering and lightning out tonight - is pretty cool to watch out my window.

Anyways, on our last night in Japan, Liz and I headed to Shinjuku, the area of Japan you always see in the movies. Bright neon lights everywhere. Looks like Blade Runner. It was cool, though a little underwhelming if you live in New York and see Times Square on a regular basis.

Shinjuku

Shinjuku

Shinjuku

Shinjuku

By the way, if you're wondering about all the pics with me making the peace sign, I adopted the pose after seeing countless Japanese girls do it in photos they were taking at Disney World. :)

It's so nice to be home and in my apartment and with my dog! Last night I went out to dinner with Jacob and Chris and we ate Italian food and drank wine at an outside cafe. It was HEAVEN. Even just to converse in English with people seemed a blessed gift! I guess that's what's nice about vacations to foreign lands. You start to really appreciate the life you have back home. :)


Marianne

No comments: