Sunday, June 08, 2008

Day One Tokyo Continued

Last night Liz and I walked around our neighborhood, Asakusa and stumbled upon a major shrine and temple, as well as a cool outdoor marketplace.

Japan Night One 014

Japan Night One 010

Japan Night One 018

Japan Night One 020

Japan Night One 027

I found light up angel wings for my dog to wear!

Japan Night One 034

Then we tried to find some place to eat... This is some of what we came across as options:

Japan Night One 023

Japan Night One 022

Japan Night One 024

Let's just say I am NOT an adventurous eater. So much to Liz's dismay, I passed restaurant after restaurant, becoming more and more frustrated. I know, I'm a bad tourist. But my stomach is 100 percent American.

Then, low and behold, I came across this!! My favorite dish! Chicken and cashews.

Japan Night One 030

Then we realized that it was a Chinese restaurant in Japan! Luckily though, Liz indulged me and we went in and ate anyway. It was delicious.

We got back to the Ryoken and looked down at the mats. I was thinking, Oh is my body going to handle another night sleeping on the floor?

Liz was too tired to care! She's hardcore, man. I tell you what!

Japan Night One 007

But wimpy me decided to improvise a bit. I found a second futon in the closet along with a second down comforter...and made myself a little nest.

Ahhh much better!!

Japan Night One 032

Oh well. So I'll never be a intrepid adventurer. But I did have a full belly and a good night's sleep!

Today we're going to go to a huge discount/duty free electronics outlet and then later to the Vampire Cafe in Ginza. More pics, of course, too come!

Sayonara 4 now!

Marianne

2 comments:

sp!ke said...

If it makes you feel any better I would have gone for the futon as well - nothing more important than a good night's sleep.

Nice pictures too; it's amazing how you were able to take one of yourself while you were tucked nicely into bed! ;-)

Stevi said...

Vampire Cafe!?! Can't wait to hear what that is like and see pics! :)