Thursday, June 19, 2008

Home Sweet Home

Things are getting nicely back to post Japan normal around here and that makes me happy. I can travel the world, but at the end of the day I am honestly most happy curled up on my couch with Jacob, eating barbeque and watching cheesy horror movies, my dog sleeping at my feet. As Dorothy says, “There’s no place like home!”

Not that I’m not glad I got to experience Japan. It was a once in a lifetime experience I will never forget and I will always cherish that. But at the end of the day, I’ve realized I’m just not a good traveller. I miss my bed too much! I’m amazed how people can just pack up and head to Europe for a month or two, backpacking from country to country, staying at hostels, etc. I admire them and know they’re having great adventures. It’s just not something I could ever do.

That said, I am looking forward to my 4th of July Texas adventure coming up. I’ve never really gotten to see the real Texas – the only times I’ve been were for writer’s conventions and we didn’t really leave the hotel much. So it’ll be interesting to experience the non-tourist version of the state.

Anyway, now that I’m back I’m looking forward to the weekend! On Saturday, Jacob and I are going to head to Fangoria, a horror convention in Jersey, to go check out some zombies! And then at night we’re going to my dear friend Leanna’s goth birthday celebration at Jeckyl and Hyde’s. Followed by dancing, of course! Should be very fun and I’ll be sure to take a million pics.

Since I promised more Japan stuff, here’s a little picture video of Harajuku. I really am just still so totally blown away by these kids’ costumes! I, myself, got an amazing, beauitful gothic lolita dress, but I’m not posting pics cause I want to save it for Comic Con next month.


Untitled from Marianne Mancusi on Vimeo.

1 comment:

Kwana said...

Great video. Thanks so much for sharing those pics.