Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Boots review

The Good, The Bad and The Unread reviewed the "These Boots Were Made for Stomping" anthology I was a part of today. I got a really good review, so I just thought I'd mention it. This is the first time a reviewer picked up on the fact that the story poked fun at last year's costume controversy at RWA. :)

I'm not normally a fan of screwball comedies. They have to be done really really well, or they come off as stupid. Ms. Mancusi does screwball very well, and I laughed aloud a number of times while I was reading. I particularly loved the way Ms. Mancusi worked in a not so subtle reference to a certain RWA-related kerfuffle from last year. Doubtless, people who disagreed with her on that particular issue will find the alusion to it in poor taste, but I appreciated it.


:)

Marianne

No comments: