Monday, June 02, 2008

Purty Flowers!!


You have new Picture Mail!, originally uploaded by starrgirl77.

So I was on a shoot today, interviewing celebrity floral designer Amy Marella of Hidden Garden Floral Designs who was really, really nice. She's done the flowers for celebs like Gwen Stefani, Tiffany's, The Superbowl, and most recently, Jessica Alba's baby shower. Anyway, speaking of baby showers, I happened to mention to her that I was off to one that evening - for my friend and fellow author, Isabo Kelly and asked her to help me pick out a bouquet to bring to the shower from the deli we were standing in front of. (I'm clueless when it comes to flowers!)

She surprised me saying she had a bunch of extra flowers up in her suite that she'd purchased in the flower market that morning and would I like her to arrange a bouquet for Isabo. Of course I said yes! I mean, how often does one have this opportunity. Watching her was an experience in and of itself - she effortlessly made the most beautiful arrangement as we chatted about how she got started, etc.

And viola! As pictured above! Beautiful, huh? Actually the picture doesn't even do it justice. And needless to say, it was a big hit at the shower. (I also got a box full of rose petals to sprinkle the tables with!)

Thank you Amy!

Marianne

No comments: