Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Sherrilyn Kenyon on Better TV!

Okay folks, this is a sneak preview! It actually airs on the BETTER television show tomorrow morning, but we got it up on YouTube now, so take a look! This is the feature I did on a writer I respect more than anything - Sherrilyn Kenyon. She is so amazing and not only talented, but sweet and lovely and caring as well. A lot of times you know authors are in it for the fame/money, etc. But she is in it for her fans and bends over backwards - doing crazy things like 14 hour signings - for them.

She also has an amazing rags to riches story. I could only touch on it here in the segment as I had just 3:15 to tell my story. But it is truly an incredible "never give up, never surrender" type tale. Definitely an inspiration for anyone who has a dream.

Anyway, I could gush on, but I know you'd rather just watch the segment, so here you go!





Marianne

PS Pay special attention to a very important cameo appearance from Smart Bitches, Trashy Books blogger extraordinaire Sarah!

6 comments:

Tajana said...

Wow I've never heard about this author. Seems like the books are really good. You really did an amazing job on sharing her life story with the world.

I will make sure to check out her books and as well as yours.

I'm new to your blog, by the way.
I stumbled upon it when I was checking PC Cast's blog and what other blog she has which you guys share. So just wanna say Hi and going to be on your blog from now on :].

PS. Your books seem like they might be something in my area of reading :].

Mari Mancusi said...

Thanks Tajana and welcome to the blog! :) I love PC Cast!

And thanks for the compliment on the video. Sherrilyn is an amazing person and awesome writer - you should definitely check her out!!

Karen Mahoney said...

Marianne, this is a fantastic video. I can't believe how much you packed in! Sherrilyn is such an inspiration. Great job!

I'll link to this later when I do a round-up of stuff on my blog. :)

Christine said...

Fantastic segment, Marianne! Very well done. =)

Of course I have to completely agree with your words about Sherrilyn. Not only do I adore her work, but she is simply an amazingly kind, warm and inspirational woman.

Mari Mancusi said...

Thanks Karen and Christine. And yes, please blog/forward/share as much as you like! The more video views, the easier it will be for me to get a green light from the bosses to produce more romance related segments!

Marianne

Keira Soleore said...

Thank you, Marianne. She's so incredibly amazing. In 2007, I stood in line for an hour and a half, that's one hour past the end of the signing time, at National for a signed book for a friend. And in that time, my respect and adoration for all things Sherrie went from zero to infinite. WOW! I loved to see her talk again in your segment. Thanks so much for sharing this with us.