Sunday, September 28, 2008

ALL MOVED IN!

But not fully unpacked yet. :)


Chris bday 065


For those of you who don't know, as of yesterday I left the Upper West Side, crossed water, and now officially live in a borough with Jacob. The borough of Queens, to be precise. Astoria. Borough snobbery jokes aside, it's actually a great move. Jacob's apartment is awesome - so much bigger than my tiny studio. Lots of room to stretch out and a huge kitchen to cook in. (I'll take pics once I've unpacked and post them.) Plus we're saving so much money now! We each paid the same rent and so our bills have literally been cut in half. Woot! And, of course, it's going to be great to live with Jacob, who is the best boyfriend ever. <3

So all is well in my world. Except, you know, for the boxes...

Marianne

4 comments:

Karen Mahoney said...

That's such a cute pic! :)

And good luck! I'm sure you'll be very happy there.

Mari Mancusi said...

Thanks Karen! I think so too! :)

Diana Peterfreund said...

Ooh, Astoria! that's where i lived when I lived in NY. LOVED IT. The food, the vegetable stands, the spacious apartment living, the downstairs neighbors who would bring you flan and spanikopita...

Mari Mancusi said...

Hm, we're the downstairs (basement) apartment. Do I need to get cooking for my upstairs neighbors? ;-)

And yes, Astoria is pretty awesome. You get sooo much more space for your money and you're closer to midtown than many places actually IN Manhattan.

I think I'll be very happy here.