Monday, June 13, 2005

Weekend Wrapup

Good weekend overall. Celebrated my dad's birthday with the step-family on Friday night. Then Saturday I picked up the new puppy Adora - who really is Adora-ble. heh. (Will post more photos soon!) Saturday night I went out with some friends to dinner at an Irish pub in Cambridge and then dancing at the 80s club I've told you about before. Very fun. Sunday I led a panel at my local RWA chapter meeting on Conference 101 - what you need to know about the National RWA conference. I thought it went very well. Sunday night I had to go into work (boo!) cause I'd forgotten to do something on Friday. But oh well, other than that it was a great weeekend. Watched a couple of movies - including one called "Miller's Crossing" which is a 20's gangster flick. Perfect for research for my 20's time travel book. I'm actually looking to watch more 20's movies - so if you know of any good ones, please let me know. I'm also reading books for research, but it's easier to write about a time period if you can see visuals as well. At least for me.

Speaking of - I even wrote this AM. I think I'm finally getting back into the groove. Taking a month off between books was a terrible idea. I need to write everyday or I lose motivation, big time! Luckily (or unluckily) I won't have that luxury again for a while anyway. The 20's book is due in September. Then "Stake That!" (Boys that Bite #2) is due in December. Then "The Camelot Code" is due in February and "Hoboken Hipster" is due in July. So I'm basically going to have to write every single day for the next year or I'll be completely screwed.

Okay. Breathing deeply. One day at a time. One word at a time. Not worried at all. :)

Anyway - off to get ready for work!
Marianne

4 comments:

Elizabeth Kerri Mahon said...

Marianne, I don't know if you're interested in just movies set in the twenties, or actual movies made during that time, but you can find alot of Clara Bow, Buster Keaton, and Charlie Chaplin films on DVD and video. There's also the movie version of Thoroughly Modern Millie with Carol Channing and Mary Tyler Moore. Of course, the Great Gatsby is also set in the twenties. You have 2 versions to choose from, Robert Redford or Toby Stephens with Mira Sorvino.

Anonymous said...

Wow you're going to be busy :) Ah Miller's Crossing...Gabriel Byrne :)

TJ Brown said...

Yes, I pretty much have to work on my fiction all the time or I will lose the drive to do it. And all nonfiction and no fiction makes Teri a bored girl!
Teri

Anonymous said...

Your schedule looks as wacked out as mine. And I agree with the every day thing, now, because if I stop doing it, it's WAY hard to get back into it. Kinda like exercise. :p