Wednesday, June 29, 2005

The Spa Treatment

Sometimes a girl has to pamper herself. And tonight was one of those nights. :) I went for a facial at this really excellent spa called "Exhale" in Boston. It was soo nice and relaxing, even if the esthetician did call my freckles "discolorization of the skin" and lectured me about not using exfoliant to get rid of them.

What I want to know is - since when did freckles become a bad thing? I like my freckles. I don't really WANT to get rid of them, even if they are technically skin discolorization.

So :P to her.

However, she did give a very very nice neck/head massage so I will (this time at least) forgive her for her callous anti-freckle comments. I am such a massage whore. If I were rich I'd get them every single day. Hire a cute cabana boy with strong hands. :) heh. Who's with me?

And on that silly note...
Mar

7 comments:

Gena Showalter said...

You and me both! I'm a massage whore, as well. And I'm covered in freckles, so I happen to think they're awesome!

Diana Peterfreund said...

I'm with you girls on the massages (maybe we should go get some in Reno?) AND the freckles. I don't have any, but I love them! They are NOT discoloration -- what, like a rash? Please! They're just splashes of color in cute places...

Mari Mancusi said...

Great idea, D! I just checked the Reno Hilton and they do have a spa! We should all get massages while we're there. I have a feeling we'll be needing them... :)

Who's with us?

Marianne

Gena Showalter said...

Yes, yes, I am totally in!

Michele said...

I have a gift certificate for a pedicure...never had one...they do massages there too...should I keep the pedicure or go with the massage???
You sound like someone who would know....
Thanks

Mari Mancusi said...

Hm - tough choice Michele... Massages are pure indulgence - very relaxing, especially if you're stressed. However pedicures are great because they produce long lasting colored toes! :) And since we're in sandal season, that's a great added bonus!

Marianne

Amie Stuart said...

Massages rock but I gotta put a word in for Pedicures *drool*