Sunday, June 19, 2005

Happy Father's Day!

Today we're taking time off from my traditional bad blog behavior of moaning and groaning about my synopsis to talk about a very special person in my life: my dad. You see, it's Father's Day today and I wanted to take a moment to mention how much I lucked out in the Dad department of life.

My dad was always there for me. From Day one. When I was a child, he read to me all the Narnia books and instilled a love of fantasy. He taught me how to use a computer at a very young age - putting me ahead of the game in school. He taught me to ride a bike - even though it took me about three times as long to learn as other kids. He took a summer off to take me and my family on a 9 week cross country camping trip. (Think a seven and five year old in the car for eight hours straight.) In high school, he hated all my loser boyfriends and yelled at me when I slacked off at school. (I didn't like him much then - but appreciate it now!) He shelled out the $$ for a very expensive college because I wanted to be a tv producer. And when I got my first tv producer job and it paid $6/hr without benefits on the 3am-9am shift and I had to move back home - he never once suggested I "get a real job." And everytime he goes into a bookstore, he can't resist picking up a copy of CT Fashionista so he can tell the clerk his daughter wrote it. (I think he's bought about 20 copies by now - excellent for my sell-through!!)

Anyway - I could gush on and on but I think you get the point. My dad rocks. I wouldn't trade him in for anyone. And to celebrate him on this Father's Day - I've uploaded a few pics. Enjoy!










Marianne

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are great pictures!!! And what a lovely tribute to your father on father's day :)

Anonymous said...

Love the family pics! Sounds like you've got a great dad. :)

Gabrielle said...

Wow, he seems like a real sweetie! What wonderful pics.