Friday, February 01, 2008

Cupcakes...Mmmm

Today I had a fun morning doing a Valentine’s Day cupcake shoot at Magnolia Bakery. I don’t know if you guys know about Magnolia’s but it’s this famous cupcake shop in the village (and they also just opened on a couple blocks away from my apartment on 69th and Columbus). There is ALWAYS a line there – even at midnight. You might remember they were featured on Sex and the City. Anyway, needless to say, delicious cupcakes and a fun shoot. The owner tried to teach me how to frost a cupcake “the Magnolia way” which didn’t exactly turn out to be the best frosting job ever let’s just say. All these poor bakers and cooks trying to teach me! I’m an eager, but completely unskilled student. Still it’s fun to try. (Tasting was even more fun!)

In other news, I was hanging out with my friend Justin last night. He and I used to both work at Channel 7 and would go out for a beer sometimes with our friend Kurt and complain about how much everything sucked and how we hated our jobs. Last night we both sat down and just started gushing about how great everything is and how much we love our jobs, love NY, etc. etc! It was really funny when put into perspective. I guess we both made the right moves by coming to NYC. (He works at CNBC as a producer now.) There are sooo many people from my old work that do TV in NY and everyone seems happy. So that’s good!

Happy weekend everyone!

Marianne

1 comment:

TJ Brown said...

I'm glad the move was good for you. Everyone deserves to have a job they love... and you have two!
Teri