Saturday, February 09, 2008

More Morimoto plz plz

Last night Jacob took me out to this amazing restaurant called Morimoto which, you might know, is home of the Iron Chef himself. Evidently Mr. Morimoto was in the kitchen last night, too, but I don't know if he actually prepared our particular meals. They had blowfish as a special last night, but I was too scared to try it. Instead I got this amazing surf and turf special which was Kobe Filet (Mmm) and hamachi ribbons mixed with crushed citrus and avocado and these little mini herbed potatoes. It was so delicious I can't even begin to explain.

It was a really gorgeous restaurant all together, but what was truly unique was the bathrooms. They had heated toilet seats that opened for you as you entered the stall. Behind the toilet is a glass wall that looks out into what looks like a long, cherry blossom filled glass hallway. Because of trick mirrors, it looks like the hallway extends out to infinity. It's definitely a sight to see.

Anyway, it was a really nice night out. Jacob scores big points on restaurant selection. :) And if that wasn't enough, he also set up his old wireless router in my apartment, which truly rocks cause now everyone who comes over to work on their laptops can share Internet. Before now we were always fighting over the one connection and I had to keep cycling the modem every time I switched from laptop to desktop and back. So yay to Jacob!

Today Morgan, Liz and I went back to Williamsburg Brooklyn (my 3rd time to Brooklyn in as many days /sigh) to go thrifting. They have this amazing store called Buffalo Exchange that has great clothes for really cheap prices. I got an awesome turquoise Betsy Johnson dress that was brand new for only $32! It's gorgeous. Can't wait to have an occasion to wear it. I also bought a few shirts and a cute Armani Exchange skirt. It was a great store and I definitely want to go back.

Tonight we're going dancing. I might go take a quick nap before people arrive for the pre-party. :)

Marianne

1 comment:

TJ Brown said...

I've always wanted to go to Williamsburg because A Tree Grows in Brooklyn took place there. Sigh. How awesome. Congrats on the good buy!
Teri