Thursday, July 19, 2007

Welcome New Readers!

Hi new Cosmos and Chat readers!

It's great to have you come by. Over 1,000 of you in the last 24 hour period. I'm so glad you were able to take the time to visit my blog and catch a glimpse of me in a miniskirt.

After all, we all know you have a lot of choices when it comes to internet pics of girls in miniskirts, so I'm truly honored you decided to check out mine.

Sooo... in case you haven't heard, in addition to prancing around conferences in miniskirts and single-handedly setting back the suffragette movement years (not to mention smoking crack, walking the street, and encouraging sex with minors) I also write romance novels.

Yup, romance novels. And I have a new one coming out in 2 weeks that I just had to share with you!! It's called Moongazer and it's part of Dorchester Publishing's new Shomi line. A speculative fiction, cyberpunk, post-apocalyptic romance mashup.





~~
Okay, okay, go look at the miniskirt picture if you must. It's about 7(?) entries down. When you're done, come back up and I'll tell you more! Cause as I've learned from the 400 plus comments on SBTB, promo should be all about the book, NOT the author. So how about we all stop talking about me and my hemline and take a closer look at the book behind the author.

~~

MOONGAZER

Imagine every night entering a nightmare world you can’t escape and being told real life is a dream. Skye Brown has it all: the cool job, the hot boyfriend, the apartment on New York’s Upper West Side. But lately she can’t enjoy any of it. She’s having dreams of a post-apocalyptic world. Of a bleak futuristic wasteland. Of a struggle against oppression. And she’s been told she’s a…MOONGAZER.

But what is that? And what is reality? In her dreams, she’s not Skye Brown at all, but Mariah Quinn. In her dreams there’s Dawn, the beautiful yet haunted soldier, and Skye is but the empty shell of a girl he once loved. And there was a betrayal, a great betrayal. Ripped between Dark Siders and club kids, the mundane and the mystic, Skye must discover who she is, what she wants and who wants her. And why. But in the glow of the moon, it’s not always easy to recognize the face in the mirror.
~~

Romantic Times Magazine gave Moongazer 4 stars, calling it an "exciting and frightening new futuristic thriller." And SF scope called it a ""An enthralling combination of The Matrix and Snow Crash with a bit of Blade Runner thrown into the mix." Romance Reader at Heart gave it a * top pick*, saying it's "amazingly innovative" with "lots of allure for a broad range of readers."

Intrigued? Well you can read a sample chapter here. And it looks like Amazon is shipping early, so if you can't wait, here's the link to buy it.
~~

Again, thanks so much for stopping by! It's really great to have so many new blog readers. I hope you'll all come back soon.

Marianne

6 comments:

Annie Gray said...

*laugh* that was great! I hope you had fun with that post.

TJ Brown said...

Love ya Mari. Will be buying the book!
Teri

Unknown said...

*waves*

Moongazer is brilliant(but I've already told you that). Dawn, Skye and the world you've created all just blew me away.

I can't wait to see how fantastically well this book does. And it deserves it :)

Stacey the new york bookseller

Anonymous said...

Hey Mar!

Your book looks **terrific** -- I cannot wait to read it.

And I think both you and Liz are fabulous, and you looked GREAT at RWA. Rock on...

Michele L.

serena said...

Just two weeks to go! Yeah, been waiting for it.

-Serena

Jeri said...

The books sound great. I'll be one of those backwards audiences--your books might get me from romance *into manga,* rather than the other way around. Though I love comics, manga/anime has never appealed to me. But I'll give it a shot with your books. (Loved Sk8ter Boy, BTW.)

Sucks about the controversy. As a longtime sf/f con attendee, I'm still bewildered at the kerfuffle. It's an interesting discussion, but I'm surprised at the level of vitriol directed at the two of you. I thought you looked cute as buttons, and more importantly, it reminded me the Shomi books were out and who was writing them.

I met Liz last week, and she was a doll. I've managed to be within 10 feet of you, Marianne, at two straight conventions and been too shy to introduce myself. So, hi!