Monday, July 23, 2007

Random Monday musings

My work is closed again today! We're renting out temp office space tomorrow cause the work is piling up and we're launching our show soon. Not that we can do much, since all our camera equipment is locked away inside. Such bad timing. But what can you do?

I am very pleased to say that I passed in my new Shomi proposal to my agent today. w00t! She'll look it over and then send it on to my editor. This is for a September 2008 slot. It's a completely unrelated book to Moongazer, btw. AND my...drum roll please...first book in THIRD PERSON.

I'll tell you more about it once things are all official like. :) In the meantime, go finish up Harry Potter so you can be free to read Moongazer when it comes out next week. hehe.

BTW Sherrilyn Kenyon posted an official statement about the whole RWA outfits thing on her blog in case anyone is interested. Did I mention I love her? And how cool is it to be mentioned in her blog!! :)

She also posted lyrics to The Safety Dance. Read 'em. They're perfect. In response, Sherri, here's one of my personal faves. I know you'll sing along with me. :)



(Everyday Is) Halloween
By Ministry


well i live with snakes and lizards
and other things that go bump in the night
cos to me everyday is halloween
i have given up hiding and started to fight
i have started to fight

well any time, any place, anywhere that i go
all the people seem to stop and stare
they say 'why are you dressed like it's halloween?
you look so absurd, you look so obscene'

o, why can't i live a life for me?
why should i take the abuse that's served?
why can't they see they're just like me
it's the same, it's the same in the whole wide world

well i let their teeny minds think
that they're dealing with someone who is over the brink
and i dress this way just to keep them at bay
cos halloween is everyday
it's everyday

o, why can't i live a life for me?
why should i take the abuse that's served?
why can't they see they're just like me
it's the same, it's the same in the whole wide world

o, why can't i live a life for me?
why should i take the abuse that's served?
why can't they see they're just like me
i'm not the one that's so absurd

why hide it?
why fight it?
hurt feelings
best to stop feeling hurt
from denials, reprisals
it's the same it's the same in the whole wide world

3 comments:

Karmela said...

God Marianne, that song brings me back. College, clubbing, the beginnings of Industrial music. Sigh... good times.

Finished HP7. Will dive into Liz's and then your book pronto. Have fun at Comic Con! Post photos, mkay?

Anonymous said...

FYI, had it not been for your cosplay and the ensuing babble on SBTB, I probably wouldn't have heard of you. Now I'll be going out of my way to buy your book (and Liz's). Less sure about whether I'll ever be buying Nora's again, though. :)

Kim Rossi Stagliano said...

Um bop um boody bah bah.... LOVE that song!