Friday, July 20, 2007

For the record...

BTW for the record, I place no blame on Kate R for originating all of this on her blog. She simply brought up an issue, as bloggers do, and obviously it was an issue a lot of people were interested in discussing online. So it was reposted on some very popular blogs and debated. A lot.

But now I think she's getting it as bad as Liz and I are, so please don't send her anymore hatemail. We appreciate your support, but we want to keep it all positive and professional here. I don't want to see ANYONE hurting, not just those on our "side."

Whether you agree with our right to wear costumes or not, I agree with your right to argue online about it. At the same time, try to remember, we're only human and five days of this debate does get hard to deal with. Even for a self-styled rebel. :P We know it's not intended to be personal, but at the same time, just keep in mind when you post that being made an example in 500 posts in front of all of your peers can kind of wear a person down. Just sayin'.

And thank you everyone who has commented and sent emails in support. I swear I'll write you all back eventually - it's just there are so many of you and I've GOT to work on my September 08 Shomi proposal. But I've been reading them all and I love you guys!!!! I couldn't have gotten through this without you.

xoxoox
Marianne

3 comments:

Jennifer Lynn Barnes said...

Just a fellow YA author wanting to chime in and say that I'm sorry this whole thing has been so hard on you, and that you have my complete support! I can't wait to read your and Liz's books, and I'm sending cyber hugs and good thoughts your way.

Anonymous said...

((()))) Sweetheart. This has all been ridiculous!

Yolanda Sfetsos said...

Hi Marianne,

Sorry to hear about all those strange comments. I don't get it. I thought you both looked really cool in the photos I've seen online.

Anyway. I just finished reading WIRED and really enjoyed it. I think the Shomi imprint's great, and I can't wait to get yours next month.

Good luck with the new Shomi proposal, BTW! :D