Friday, July 06, 2007

It's Friday already?

This week’s been a whirlwind. Having Weds off was supposed to help, but my computer picked 4th of July to explode and I spent much of the day unsuccessfully trying to fix it. Much of the day I was SUPPOSED to be working on my Gamer Girl revisions. Grrr. I ended up having to kill myself on Thursday to get them all in there since my mom is coming to visit this weekend and the book is due on Monday.

But I’m happy to say I got them done and the book is so much better for them. I am so lucky to have an agent with such great editing skills. I know not everyone likes that in an agent, but I feel her input really works to make my books better. And who wouldn’t want that? Now I’m confident I’m turning in the best book I can to my new editor at Dutton. Fingers crossed she likes it!

As soon as Mom goes home, I will be going back to my new Shomi proposal. Gotta get that passed in relatively soon as well. But that should be fun.

So this is the first time my mom has been to NYC since she was eight years old. (Which, let’s face it, doesn’t really count seeing as that was 52 years ago!) She has no idea what it’s like. She’s going to be blown away! I’m going to take her to see WICKED tomorrow. I’ve wanted to see that for a while now, so I’m psyched to go as well. And I might take her down to Coney Island on Sunday if the weather’s nice, even though I did just go. She loves the beach and grew up with summers on the Jersey shore, so she likes that whole boardwalk thing.

And then next week – Nationals! I can’t believe it’s already here. Then again, it is super early this year. I’m flying in Weds morning and heading straight to the spa, as my agent is doing a spa day for her clients. (Did I mention she rocks?) Then a bookseller tea, the literacy book signing, and the FF&P Gathering party at night. Busy, busy!

On Friday Liz Maverick and I, along with our editor Chris Keeslar and my agent Kristin Nelson are doing a panel on writing out of the box books. If you’re going to Nationals, I hope you’ll consider attending – especially if you want the inside scoop on breaking into the Shomi line! It’s at 4:30 on Friday. I promise it’ll be a great pre-Friday night party event!!

That’s all for now!
Marianne

No comments: