Tuesday, July 24, 2007

One week til Moongazer!

Haven't been to work in a week now - building still closed. We did meet all morning to talk about the show launch, etc., but there's only so much we can do with no camera equipment.

Met up with lovely YA author Melissa Walker this afternoon. She writes for Berkley Jam as well and we share an editor. Her book, Violet on the Runway, comes out in September. It's got models and fashion - sounds like a lot of fun! Definitely go check it out. I love meeting new authors, especially if they live in NYC and we can chat over food or drinks.

In case you're counting, it's now exactly ONE WEEK until Moongazer is officially out. Woot. I spied in a couple bookstores today, but no one had it stocked yet. Which is a good thing, actually. When you have a book come out early, it dilutes the first week sales and lessens an author's chance of making any bestseller lists. Not that I think I will make any lists, but it's still good practice. :)

Actually, it's my guess that this week the bookstores are so overwhelmed by Harry Potter sales they didn't really have the energy to put out MORE books. So thank you, JK!!

I did find out that the best bookseller ever, Stacey at Grand Central, is making Moongazer her STAFF PICK for August. (She got an advanced copy at BEA this year.) Did I mention I love her?? She is awesome and so supportive to romance authors.

Lastly, thanks for the continued support on the whole stocking debacle. I know I've said it a bunch of times now, but I am still so appreciative of all your comments and emails. And I'm soooo happy to have people say they hadn't heard of Shomi before, but now want to check out the books! Because at the end of the day, that's what's important. Introducing readers to a new line that we really think is something special. THAT makes it all worthwhile!!

SWAN HONKS AND HUGS!
Marianne

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm waiting to buy it until next week! Congrats on the soon-to-be-released book! I can't wait to get my hands on it!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the release...
SWAN HONKS for everyone