Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Weekend Wrapup

Happy Tuesday!

Had a great weekend. On Friday Jacob hosted a Zombie Night where we drank margaritas, watched zombie movies and played a board game called….well, ZOMBIES!!! (Yes, with three exclamation points in the title, lol.) Pretty funny game and there are like five expansion packs to it. I started out strong, but then the boys ganged up on me and it was Jacob who reached the helicopter to freedom first.

Saturday we laid low and Sunday we went to a Red Sox friendly bar to watch the Pats take on the Chargers. Jacob was disappointed for the second week in a row as his second tier team (he’s from Dallas but lived in San Diego for a time just like me) went down to the unstoppable Pats. I actually like the Chargers, but no one can compare to my beloved Tom Brady and his boys. I can’t wait to see them kick the stupid Giants’ butts in the Superbowl. (Just cause I live in NYC doesn’t mean I have to like their teams. I was born and raised in Massachusetts, after all.)

Later Sunday Leanna, Jacob and I went to the Bowie Ball. Yes, it was a ball dedicated to all things David Bowie. Totally awesome. The drag queens had the BEST outfits, too. It was definitely a blast. I found this pic up on Flickr someone took of us. I'm not sure what Jacob's looking at, but I'm sure it was something crazy.




You can check out all the outrageous costumes here.

On Monday (I had it off cause of MLK day) we went to see Cloverfield. Such a cool movie, but the shaky cam made me feel like I wanted to die. I was nauseous the whole movie, just as I was in the Blair Witch Project. But it was worth it. So freaking cool you can’t even imagine. Definitely suggest you go see it – if you have a strong stomach. Heck, even if you don’t, see it anyway. It’s worth being sick for.

Book is going well. I’ve mostly finished rewriting and am starting on fresh material. I’m dedicated to 3,000 words a day, which is a LOT, but I’m doing it. My goal is to have a draft done by February 15th and then take 2 weeks to polish and pass it in to Chris on March 1st.

That’s about all that’s going on here. Hope all is well with you guys!
Marianne

2 comments:

Kwana said...

Sounds like a really great weekend. Bowie! How can you top that? I saw Cloverfield too and really liked it once I got use to the shakey cam.

TJ Brown said...

The cam work makes me nervous...not sure I could handle a whole flick like that.

Nice job on the writing!
Teri