Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year

Hope everyone had a good New Year's. Mine was very fun. First went to dinner with Jacob at Sambuca, an Italian restaurant on my street. Was very delish. Then we went over to the east side to a party one of his friends was throwing. It was low key, but everyone was really nice and fun. We drank champagne and watched Dick Clark ring in the New Year. Then we left and met up with Leanna and Marcos and the four of us went back to my place for more champagne and a little impromptu dance party. It was more fun than a club cause we could pick our own music and didn't have to pay for drinks.

Today Jacob and I went to see Sweeney Todd which was AWESOME. Burton really outdid himself this time. So so good. Johnny Depp was amazing as always...very Edward Scisorhand'esque. Who knew he could sing!? And Helen Bonham Carter was great too. And the settings were so creepy Burton style. I definitely give it two thumbs up.




But now the time of fun has come to an end and tomorrow I have to go back to work. It's going to seem weird being back after such a nice extended vacation. But what can you do?

I realize I need to make some New Year's resolutions. Maybe tomorrow I'll come up with some and post them...

Marianne

No comments: