Wednesday, January 30, 2008

I can walk like a Penguin!

It's funny how sayings you grew up with mean nothing to people from other parts of the country. Every time I think of penguins I think of the little girl in the New England Aquarium saying, "I can walk like a penguin!" It's what we would say EVERYTIME someone brought up penguins. It just was. But I realized today that the rest of the world has grown up with absolutely no idea about the penguin thing.

Luckily now with YouTube you can share this kind of stuff with your penguin loving, non New England born friends. So without further ado, one of my favorite childhood commercials.


The counterpart was the "I want to know what makes an ocean wave wave!" which was a Musuem of Science commerical. Not as good, but still iconic for a New England kid growing up in the 70s and 80s.



Anyone else remember these???

Marianne

No comments: