Friday, January 11, 2008

Mmm chocolate

Did I mention I love my job? I just got back from making chocolate and sugar decorations with world renowned pastry chef Francois Payard. He was so cool and had an awesome French accent. It was so much fun I kept forgetting we were working and I wasn't just learning a craft. He helped me make sugar swizzle sticks to use for stirring martinis. So much fun! We also learned techniques to decorate a cake with chocolate.

I swear I'm going to end up a total foodie working this job. I never really understood it before, but now I'm hooked.

My other exciting news: Liz and I bought our tickets to Tokyo for June!! Woot. That is going to be the trip of a lifetime. I've never even been to another country besides Mexico and Canada, which don't really count. :) It still doesn't seem real to me that we're actually going. It's something I've wanted to do for as long as I can remember. I just think Japan is the coolest ever.

Off to Boston! I probably won't post til I get back so have a great weekend!!

Mar

4 comments:

Megan Frampton said...

Saw these and thought of you:

http://www.intermixonline.com/jump.jsp?itemID=19345&itemType=PRODUCT&path=1%2C2%2C446%2C450&iProductID=19345

Stephanie J said...

Reasons I'm jealous: You're going to Japan which is numero uno on my list of countries I'd like to visit outside the U.S. And also that you've been to Canada and Mexico...I can't even claim that!!!!! Gah!

But, wow, when you go to Japan (even though this is far off) you MUST POST PICS :)

Anonymous said...

Hey,
Just wanting to know is there going to be a fourth book in the blood coven?
Please say yes!!

Kwana said...

Tokyo! That rocks. You and Liz will have a blast. Share all photos and stories.

The chocolate sounds wonderful! Although with all the Godiva my DH got for Christmas, I shouldn't even think about it.