Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Work Xmas party day!

For those of you who think I go out every night of the week, I’ll have you know that last night I cleaned my apartment while watching Alias. (I’m more than halfway through Season #1 by the way. Thank you to Stacy for letting me borrow it.) I watch TV like I read books – from season beginning to end – without watching anything else in between. I think next I’ll get Season #3 of Beverly Hills 90210 which they just put out on DVD. And I’ve go to get around to watching season 1 of Heroes one of these days. (Anyone want to loan me those DVDs?) Oh and I want to watch The Hills, too. I figure if I’m going to time suck by watching TV it should be as trashy as possible.

Anyway, back to my apartment. I even got ambitious and scrubbed the kitchen and bathroom floors! Only to have my dog traipse in an inordinate amount of mud after this morning’s walk. Thanks Molls! The cleaning obsession has been brought to you by “Mom’s Upcoming Trip to NYC” which is in like 5 days, in case you were wondering.

And for those of you who are already bored listening to my cleaning/DVD adventures, I’ve got my work Christmas party tonight. I’m happy about that cause at my old work they basically handed you a 25 dollar gift card to Stop and Shop and that was it. Tonight we’ve got two hours of open bar and free food!! Should be fun – especially since I actually LIKE everyone I work with. (Crazy, I know!)

That’s about all that’s going on. Except I can’t believe Britney Spear’s sister is pregnant at 16. And that her mother sold the story to OK magazine! No wonder Brit is so messed up – she obviously comes from an insane family!! The Spears and the Lohans should get together and film a reality show or something!

Oh and I’ve become obsessed with reading Julia Allison’s blog. I totally want to invite her out for drinks.

Marianne

1 comment:

Abidias said...

~laughs~ your family situation for the holidays sounds remarkably similar to mine, especially when it comes to the floors. Instead of dogs however, I have twin girls. So, not sure if you read your comments or not, but I accidentally picked up a copy of Moongazer, not my typical reading material, but quite intriguing. So much so that I had to come to your website in hopes of sending off an email or something. Though not so much for the book as the World of Warcraft references. I just started that game, as my first mmorpg, and well, I love it. Anyhow, I dont email or write blogs, just wanted to let ya know I loved the book and good luck with the visit, I hope to god your moms not like mine. If she is, it wont matter how much cleaning you do. ;)

oh yeah, nine years....Brittney's sister is nine years older than my twins. INSANE!

russgranholm@msn.com