Friday, December 21, 2007

TGIF!

Last day of work before my huge long vacation! Yay!

Last night Liz and I worked on our books at Starbucks and then went over to the movies to watch Juno, which was really, really good. I highly recommend it. It’s so funny and irreverent. Plus Arrested Development alums Jason Bateman and Michael Cerra are in it. Too funny.

Tonight we’re going to go see I Am Legend. Can’t Wait!! No clubbing tonight though ‘cause our beloved goth nightspot has switched from weekly to monthly events. So the next one won’t be until January 4th. So sad. Jacob and I are going to try to fight some clubbing debauchery on Sunday night though, since there’s no work on Monday.

I have come to the realization that I want a Kindle. It might be my overflowing bookshelf in my small studio apartment or the fact that I’m a geek who finds wirelessly downloading books at a moment’s notice an appealing concept. Or maybe I’m just a sucker for Amazon's savvy marketing. But for the first time since I heard of an e-reader, I actually want one. Of course at $400 want =/= have. So it's paper for now...

Speaking of spending money, Liz and I have finally figured out when to go to Tokyo. It’s been nearly impossible to schedule due to conferences, work commitments, and weather, but we’ve narrowed it down to the first week of June. Nine day trip. It should be AMAZING. A once in a lifetime experience. I cannot WAIT.

That’s about all for now. Have a great weekend everyone!

Marianne

No comments: