Friday, January 12, 2007

Happy Making Stuff

I'm going to steal a page from Diana Peterfreund's blog today and list the things that are making me happy.

* My editor sent me a finished copy of "A Hoboken Hipster in Sherwood Forest" yesterday! It's always a treat to hold a new book in your hands, even though I've gotten over the whole "sleeping with it the first night thing."

* He also sent me a copy of the excerpt booklets Dorchester made for the Shomi line. Liz Maverick, me, and Eve Kenin have chapters in them. We'll be giving them out to booksellers and also at conferences, so be sure to snag one. I'm so pscyhed to have such great publisher backing on this project!!

* Dona Sarkar-Mishra got "the call" for her YA book "How to Salsa in a Sari" by Harlequin's Kimani-Tru line. I read Dona's stuff in a contest a few years back and guys - you're all in for a treat! Too bad we have to wait til 2008 for its release!

* I learned that one of my favorite authors, William Gibson (Neuromancer) has a blog! And forums where geeks like me can debate his works! Oh and that he's working on a new book. So very exciting!

* It's Friday! And we're going out to celebrate my friend Mary's (aka the Activity Director) birthday tomorrow night! Dinner at The Eastern Standard in Kenmore Square's new Hotel Commonwealth.

* The World of Warcraft Burning Crusade expansion pack comes out next week! (Again, much rejoicing amongst the geeks!)

* Gena Showalter and Diana Peterfreund both pimped out Moongazer on their blogs yesterday. They are so sweet!

* My friend Alesia Holliday's upcoming Atlantis book - her first paranormal, written as Alyssa Day - is already garnering rave reviews! She has a cool new website too. Check it out!

* Today is not as cold as yesterday! And the weekend's supposed to be nice, too. :)

That's all for now!

:)
Marianne

No comments: