Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Giving my Regards to Broadway...

Oooh, I'm so excited. Tomorrow I'm off to NYC for the entire weekend!! I think I mentioned this in a previous post, but I'm going to the PASIC (published authors special interest chapter) conference with Alesia Holliday.

Got a busy schedule too. I arrive at the airport (yes I'm flying - totally lazy, I know!) tomorrow around 11am. Then I'm going to have lunch with my step-grandmother, who incidentally is soap actress Kathryn Hays, who plays Kim Hughes on As the World Turns. She's really nice. I totally lucked out in the step-family department, though Sherri always teases me about her being my evil stepmom. LOL.

Anyway, later in the afternoon I'm meeting with my editor Kate Seaver from Dorchester for coffee. She's also a sweetheart. Hopefully she'll have the cover of Sk8er Boy to share. Can't wait to see what that looks like and promise to post it as soon as I have it.

Then in the evening the conference is hosting an industry reception, which is like a big schmooze fest with all the attending editors and agents. So that should be fun.

On Friday Alesia and I are having lunch with our other editors Cindy Hwang and Susan McCarty from Berkley. We're supposedly going to some Korean restaurant. Yum. I haven't met either of them in person yet, so I'm excited to do so. Then after that I've got to swing by my agent Paige's office to have coffee with her. (I'm going to be severely caffeinated this whole trip, I can tell!)

Somewhere between all that we're going to the actual conference! :-)

Then Friday night we're going to go see the new Broadway play Dirty Rotton Scoudrels. And after the conference on Saturday we're going to see Mama Mia. (The ABBA play!) On Sunday - shopping!

All in all, it's shaping up to be quite the fun weekend! So don't miss me too much and I'll report back on Monday with all the juicy gossip I acquire. :-)

Mar

5 comments:

Amie Stuart said...

The step-grandmother thing is a total riot! I haven't watched in years (that work thing you know =( ) but How Fun! I was named after Lisa's sister, umpteen billion years ago. =
Have a great time in NY!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great weekend. The only step relatives I have are a step-neice and a step-nephew. Don't watch the soaps--not enough time--but do keep up with everything my brother appears in.

Anonymous said...

I notice you give away alot of personal information on your blog. You need to watch that. There are alot of weirdos out there who could track you down and stalk you, especially since you have your work links and where you're traveling and stuff. I know you like to talk about yourself, but you need to watch it. I have a friend who had problems with a blogger stalker and it can be scary.

Anonymous said...

i agree with emily. you're splurging too many personal details and making it easy for someone to make your life hell. why not just give them the flight number and hotel where you're staying in new york, you know.

Mari Mancusi said...

I agree .. to a point. I mean I agree that splurging too many personal details on a blog site could open you up to problems were someone to track you down. At the same time, I don't see that saying which broadway play you're seeing as being on the same level as giving someone your hotel room #. But I guess it IS better to err on the side of caution, right? So thanks for pointing that out and I'm going to keep your words in mind in the future. :-)