Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Random Blog Stuff

So last night I had my assessment by a personal trainer at Equinox. He was badly prepared – didn’t have all his equipment (to check blood pressure, for example) and the heart rate monitor wasn’t working so I did the walk-the-treadmill thing for nothing! Grr. Plus I have a conspiracy theory thought that personal trainers make you feel bad about yourself so you’ll spend oodles of money to get in better shape. I, for one, would prefer to just do my own thing.

Speaking of, I’m STILL sore from Monday’s Cardio Sculpt class. Kicked my ass like you wouldn’t believe. I think I might try the Pilates mat class tonight though. No pain, no gain! I have incentive to get in shape – Jacob’s training for a November marathon in San Antonio and likes me as his running partner. Not that I have any delusions about running a marathon, but I do want to be able to go out and keep up on the shorter runs.

I do like belonging to a gym again. It’s been a while. I’m much more motivated to go because it’s right near my work and I can go before I get home. Once I walk inside my apartment I get so lazy!

I got my issue of Romantic Times Magazine last night by the way. The one with Liz and my travelogue to Japan. It looks really good! Hope you all get a chance to check it out! It’s funny – four years ago, I would read RT Magazine from cover-to-cover, dreaming that someday they’d mention my name or review my book. Nowadays I feel like I’m in there at least once a month for some thing or another! But this is definitely our biggest feature – a two page spread! Great souvenir of the trip, too…I can show my grandkids someday.

Speaking of something to show the grandkids (or…not!) Liz’s first Hollywood screenplay, “Poison Ivy 4: Secret Society” is now in rotation on the Lifetime Move Network. I cannot WAIT to check it out!!!! Just so campy cool.

That’s all I got for now!

Marianne

2 comments:

TJ Brown said...

I've been running too... lost 34 pounds before nationals and am now trying to keep up the motivation. LOL

Thanks for the comment on the t-shirt. I wore it for the signing;-)
Teri

Mari Mancusi said...

34 pounds?! I'm soo impressed! That's awesome. What was your secret??

That's awesome you wore it to the signing. You rock!