Tuesday, August 05, 2008

No Pain, No Gain

Last night I took my first class at Equinox, the gym I just joined. My work gives me a huge discount on my membership, which is the only reason I can afford going. (I think it costs $160 a month full priced!) Anyway, I’ve been working out on the machines, but last night decided to take this class called Cardio Sculpt and it totally kicked my butt. In a good way, of course. It’s a combo of cardio and weight training and boy is it hard. I felt like Jell-O afterwards and today all my muscles are screaming in protest.

Normally this wouldn’t be a problem. However, I stupidly have my personal trainer session scheduled for tonight. (They give you two sessions free when you join to get you started.) The guy is going to think I’m a complete out of shape loser! (He may not be wrong about that, either!) I can’t even reschedule cause I already canceled on him last week when I was having an emotional breakdown! Argh!

I’m trying to remind myself it the pain is good in the long run!

Marianne

No comments: