Friday, March 28, 2008

Random stuff wrap-up

I was psyched yesterday to receive my first arcs for Gamer Girl, my November book with Dutton. They look gorgeous! Like finished books (except the finished book will be hardcover.) I love the packaging – it’s just so adorable and girly and manga-like – I couldn’t be happier with it. The internal emoticons are just too, too cute.

I wonder if they’ll keep the manga style when designing The Camelot Code cover. I kind of hope so. I think it could be super cute.

Speaking of Camelot Code, I am writing up a storm. The book is so much fun – it practically writes itself. I love the characters – they’ve really come alive for me. It’s funny how much easier it is for me to write Young Adult books. I wonder what that says about my maturity level…

Let’s see, what else? I’m almost caught up on Lost – only five episodes of season four to go. How am I going to wait during the hiatus? Oh yeah, I’m going to watch The Tudors. Mmm Jonathan Rhys Myers.

Last weekend a group of us went to see Avenue Q, a Broadway play that uses puppets – kind of a more raunchy Sesame Street. Was very fun. And Jacob bought House of the Dead 2 & 3 for the wii – along with rapid fire guns. So we spent Friday night shooting zombies, which always makes for a good night. I am so out of practice though!

This weekend my old college friend Scott is coming into town and we’re going to do some clubbing. Not sure where yet. Something techno related, I’m sure. Will be fun!

Hm, what else? The Romantic Times Convention is fast approaching. I don’t feel the least bit prepared! Got a lot of costumes though – cause that really just requires digging through my closet.

Oh I know – I found out that Sk8er Boy is coming out in Sweden. Oddly enough, I found this out by reading Romantic Times magazine. They’re obviously in the know more than the authors sometimes! I’m still trying to find out more about the Japanese Boys that Bite and Stake That! I’d love it if they were in print by the time Liz and I head to Tokyo in June.

That’s about all for now! Have a great weekend everyone!

Marianne

No comments: