Friday, June 29, 2007

Proposal Writing

I've been spending the week creating a proposal for my next project. And I have to say that, for me, proposals are the most fun thing to write. Brainstorming to come up with a cool project, having ideas soldify into a real story--I love it!

If only there was a job where you could just write proposals all day and then never have to finish the actual book! hehe.

I'll be working on this proposal over the weekend. I hope to get at least the synopsis done. Then I need to work on the actual sample chapters. At some point, however, I'll need to switch gears back to my Gamer Girl book - to put in the revisions my agent will give me. Then I can concentrate on the proposal in earnest. I need to get it done by July 15th and with Nationals coming up, that might prove to be a bit of a challenge. But I'm willing to have no life for the good of the cause. ;) It helps that I really love my new story.

It won't be all work and no play, however. I'm going to go to Coney Island tomorrow! How fun is that? I've never been - but obviously it's something I've heard about since I was a kid. I'll give you a full report when I return.


Marianne

1 comment:

TJ Brown said...

Coney Island! I have read about it so much that I wouldn't even have to do anything except wander around and say, "Wow, I'm on Coney Island!"

have fun!
Teri