Friday, May 18, 2007

Yay Friday!

So it’s official. I am now writing Gamer Girl before Camelot Code for Dutton. This is actually a big relief cause the proposal for Gamer Girl has just refused to leave my head and has been relentlessly distracting me while I was supposed to be writing Camelot Code. I have a big problem, you see, switching gears halfway through a book. Or jumping back into a book I’d written a proposal for months ago. At the same time, I need to get writing as I have a lot to do before the July 1st deadline. But I shall prevail. I’m really excited about this book.

BTW, if I could describe the premise I would say it’s “You’ve Got Mail with videogames.”

My other summer project will be an anthology story for Dorchester. Another kick-butt paranormal kind of thing. That should be a lot of fun to write.

I’ve been on a reading binge. Just finished Neil Gaiman’s American Gods. Gotta say, Gaiman IS a god, though not an American. I wish I could write like him. Now I’ve just picked up Jim Butcher’s first Dresden Files book. I saw him at RT and he was really funny so I had to grab a copy. So far I love it. Urban fantasy – a similar voice to early Anita Blake books, though with a male narrator. Very entertaining.

My dog is finally back home. She’s pretty much hating life right now. Eight teeth gone, lots of stiches in her belly, doped up and having to wear one of those horrible cones. Hopefully she’s recover quickly. I hate to see her in pain. She IS, however, sure enjoying the gourmet canned dog food she has to eat for the next 2 weeks. ;)

TGIF!


Marianne

No comments: