Tuesday, May 08, 2007

A little update

When the weather gets nice, the nice stop blogging. Or something like that. Anyway, I apologize for my absence and promise to be more faithful to ye olde blog.

But seriously, the weather here in NYC has been fabulous. I spent a good portion of the weekend outdoors. Brunch, dog walks in the park, dinners and drinks in outside establishments, rollerblading, etc. etc. Okay, sure, there was some video gaming to be done indoors but I did get out a lot, I swear!

New York is so great that it’s become hard to buckle down and write. But I’ve been plugging away. At least the book I’m working on is a lot of fun – The Camelot Code – which will be my first hardcover. It’s a time travel young adult that comes out next year from Dutton. I’m having a lot of fun with it. After taking a break from comedy with Moongazer I feel refreshed and ready to joke again.

On Thursday I’m getting new author photos taken. Really need to figure out what I’m going to wear for those! I swear I have nothing suitable in my closet. Might have to **ahem** do a little shopping.

This weekend some friends and I are planning to leave the city to go up to Cold Spring, a pretty little spot overlooking the Hudson river. There’s hiking and outdoorsy kind of stuff. (And of course ice cream!) Should be fun! Hopefully this beautiful weather will hold.

That’s about all that’s going on in Marianne world. Hope you are all doing well too!

Marianne

1 comment:

Henri de Montmorency said...

Ah. Time travel. If you need any guidance, let me know. I've been through many, many times and eras. By the way, I know an author who has read your first book, the Fashionista one. She loved it. I'm afraid I haven't had much time to read since I found out how much fun it is to blog. I enjoyed yours, by the way.