Sunday, April 06, 2008

Weekend Wrap-up

Ah, weekend, you are over and I feel you never really began. Especially since I had to work but Saturday AND Sunday. Bleh.

A brief wrap-up:

On Friday night, Jacob and I went to see Sasha and Digweed spin at Webster Hall. It was so crowded though - you couldn't really dance - you just had to stand there and stare at the stage. And let's just say neither of us are that keen on just watching a guy spin techno without dancing to it. Might as well stay home and crank up the iTunes. So we ended up leaving. (The line to get in was down the block when we did - I have no idea how they were expecting to cram more people inside!) We walked all the way down to The Knitting Factory for a little gothing at Necromantic. Necro was the right kind of crowded - good vibe, but plenty of room on the dance floor. We danced to a few songs, then Father Jeff (the greatest goth DJ in NYC) got down and his bud started spinning non-goth tunes like Garbage. Boo! Since I had to work the next morning anyway, we decided it was time to leave.

The next morning I went to cover National Love Your Children Day, this charity event celebrating kids. Did the Red Carpet thing where I interviewed people like Meredith Vieira from The Today Show and Cameron Mathison from All My Children (and Dancing with the Stars). Oh and the new Menudo. The boys were so adorable and man, they could sing! Meredith was so down to Earth and really cool and later I got to watch her to Karaoke to "Achy Breaky Heart" and "Mamma Mia." I'm very impressed by her. Cameron was awesome too - so charismatic!! He totally had me swooning a bit. It's funny how some stars just have that magnetism while others are complete let-downs.

UPDATED: Here's the finished video from the event:




That night, Jacob and I cooked a garlic Beef and Broccoli dish from Rocko's Dispirito's cookbook. Came out great! One great thing about my job is we get all these top chefs' cookbooks sent to us to be featured on the show. So I've been looking through them for good recipees to try out. My New Year's resolution to learn to cook better is really going well now! And I've realized it can be a lot of fun to cook - if, at least, you're cooking with a partner.

Cooking!

For those of you who were thinking those previous cooking shots were in my kitchen (they were at Jacob's apt), I took a pic so you could see what my ACTUAL microscopic kitchen looks like! That's it! Just a tiny row by the front door. Gotta love NY living! Thank goodness there's a deli across the street that will make anything I want to eat. :)

Molly and Cooking

Today I woke up at the crack of dawn to cover the More Magazine Marathon. It's a marathon and half-marathon for women over forty. Was quite inspiring to see all those women out there in Central Park running their hearts out. I don't think I could ever do a marathon myself, but they do make it look fun!

After working, Jacob and I met my cousin Jessica and her husband Thompson for brunch at Arte Cafe. They do a really good brunch. I had waffles with fruit and whipped cream and it was real cream. Yum. It was great to see Jess - she lives down in DC now so I don't see her too often. Especially now that I don't always make it back to Boston for holidays now that I'm in NYC.

While we brunched, Molly went to the groomers and got shaved. Here's the before and after! Quite a transformation!!

Molly pre-haircut

Molly after haircut 2

But don't worry! She won't be cold! Thanks to an old Christmas present from my mom.

Molly in parka

Anyway, that's about it. As you can see I packed a lot in, even if I did have to work!

Hope you all had great weekends yourselves!

Marianne

2 comments:

Tez Miller said...

In the kitchen photo, was Molly stalking Jacob or the food? ;-)

Have a lovely day! :-)

Mari Mancusi said...

Don't worry, she got her share of beef and Jacob forced her to eat a little broccoli,too! :)