Thursday, April 03, 2008

Techno dancing, people watching, and dead animals who need love, too

Is it Friday yet? This week seems to be dragging. Not that the weekend will make much difference…gotta work Saturday AND Sunday. On Better TV stuff, not even my writing! Boo!! But we are going to see Sasha and Digweed spin on Friday night, so that’s good. They’re old techno/trance DJs from back in my old-school raver days past. Haven’t seen them spin in years! Should be really great.

Last night Jacob and I went and got steak at Rossi’s and then went to this real swanky bar at the Hudson Hotel. It was one of those places that’s great for people watching – seeing all the desperate rich guys and the girls using them for free drinks. We would watch the interactions and make up stories about each one.

Here’s a picture of the place I stole off Flickr, which oddly enough was taken from exactly where we were seated…



Nothing else too exciting going on. I’m just about finished with the rough draft of The Camelot Code. I figure I’ll put it aside for a week to do revisions on Razor Girl, then go back to it with a fresh eye for the polishing. That’s usually the best way to do it. I really love how it’s coming out – so much fun! I hope my agent/editor like it!

I can’t believe that in two weeks I’ll be in Pittsburgh at the Romantic Times Convention. Where does the time go? Can’t wait, though. This is my favorite conference of the year.

And lastly – have you guys heard of Skelanimals? My friends and I have become completely obsessed with them!!! Their motto is: "Dead Animals Need Love, Too!" More on this soon!

2 comments:

The (Mis)Adventures of a Single City Chick said...

Very cool interior!!

Elizabeth Kerri Mahon said...

Hey you've been tagged!