Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Don't Bogart Bacall!

So today I’m at a gym near the Time Warner Center, shooting a story with Gabrielle Reece’s trainer on pre-natal fitness and who should be there but Lauren Bacall herself. (And her dog, who was running all over the place.) How crazy to randomally walk by a living legend. She grumped at my photographer for being in her way. I wished I could have sat down and chatted with her. Oh the stories she must have! I did pet her dog, Sophie. She’s a pappillion and had a really fancy tail. I was going to take a photo, but then Lauren came back out of the dressing room and scooped the dog up and left. Oh well. Still was a cool sighting though.

In other celeb news, I interviewed Christine Baranski yesterday. She’s doing some promotions for the upcoming Mama Mia movie. (Which looks really good!) She was good on camera, but I think she must have been tired from being at the event all day. (I believe we were her last interview of the day.) I never know what to say with celebs to make small talk so I’m always a bit awkward. Maybe someday I’ll be able to get over that. It’s not that I’m starstruck or anything – just I get kind of tongue tied. And these are usually stars I don’t even care about. I can’t imagine sticking a microphone in the face of someone like Jude Law or David Bowie!!

Tonight I’m going to work on editing Camelot Code and go running and then Jacob’s coming over after school and we’re going to make chicken marsala. Should be yum! We have to do an inpromptu cooking night this week cause I’ve got night shoots tomorrow and Thursday. Actually Thursday’s shoot is going to be super fun though so I don’t mind. More on that soon!

Marianne

1 comment:

TJ Brown said...

I get tongue tied in front of a camera, period, so I don't know what I would be like talking to someone famous!