Thursday, February 22, 2007

Done Packing!

Well, I'm about done packing. Tomorrow AM my dad will be showing up bright and early to lug my stuff to New Hampshire where I will hang out for a week, waiting for my NYC apartment to be ready to move into. Phew.

I'm also now 35 pages into my new YA proposal. **happy dance!** I gotta say, though I enjoyed writing my kick-butt action adventure Moongazer, it's also fun to go back to being a teen again. :) For some reason YA writing just comes so naturally to me. It's like breathing and I sometimes can't even type fast enough to keep up with my ideas. And no, please don't remind me it's likely cause I never grew up!! But hey, whatever works, right?

Tonight, some work colleagues are having a going away thing for me at Anthem. Should be fun!! I need to shower first, though! I'm all grubby from packing!!

When stalling with packing I've been searching online for space saving storage type furniture, as my new apartment is a studio and thus small. I came across this from Pottery Barn:





Isn't that great? Atractive and so practical! I could fit so much in those drawers.

Of course, since it's from Pottery Barn, it's kind of pricey. If any of you have seen something similar at a cheaper furniture type place, let me know. If I can't find anything cheaper, I might splurge. It would be soo nice to have the storage space!

Mar

3 comments:

Katherine Hazen said...

There are a couple of cheaper options. If you don't find anything else you like there's always under bed storage drawers. Ikea makes some.

Also check out under-bed dressers. They are made seperately from the from bed frame so they can be used with any bed.
Check out this place:
http://www.homevisions.com/hvprod/cp_bed.asp?product=834&partner=18&partner=18

Diana Peterfreund said...

I used to work at PB. Do *not* buy their furniture, or their dishes.

Mari Mancusi said...

argh, why D? I bought a couch from them. Please don't tell me it was put together by child slave labor or something...

And great alternative Literary Aspirations. Thanks for sending that link!