Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Introducing Me

Okay I think I'm the last person in the known universe to start a blog. I feel soooo unhip! But here I am - better late than never!

Guess before I take the plunge I should introduce myself. I'm Marianne. I live in the Boston area and I'm 30 going on 18. At least that's what everyone seems to think. And I'm okay with that. Really. Well, maybe I'd like to be 30 going on 21 so I can at least go and buy wine without the liquor store guy chortling to his buddies. "Look at her, she's 30! Can you believe it? No, really, check out her ID." Meh. I've been able to buy booze for almost 10 years now and still get it everytime.

But actually the "awh isn't she young and cute" thing is working for me, at least in the writing world. I've sold four Teen Chick Lit books to Dorchester and Berkley. First up, in November, is Sk8er Boy which is sort of Romeo and Juliet wtih text messaging. A lot of it's semi-autobiographical so it was real fun to write and will most likely save me big on the therapy bills later in life.

Speaking of Dorchester, my first book "A Connecticut Fashionista in King Arthur's Court" is coming out in May! Only three more months. I sooo cannot wait!! Though I'm more than a little nervous. Like, what if everyone hates it? What if I get terrible reviews on Amazon? What if the medieval purists hold a book burning outside my house 'cause I messed with the King Arthur legend?

Yes, all writers are this neurotic.

Okay that's enough for now. Gotta get back to the day job. I'm a TV news producer at the NBC station in Boston. It's kind of fun - we get to learn a little bit about everything. But still, I'd rather write full time. Maybe someday...

No comments: