Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Busy, busy

Busy day today - just now getting a chance to blog. Woke up late -- 9:20am -- supposed to be at work at 9:30. Rushed in and got there by 10am. Not bad, considering.

Went through like 200 emails of people interested in being featured on our new TV show at the day job. At least we won't be short content. Seems like everyone in the world has something they'd like to promote on TV. It's good though. Gives me a chance to start my NYC Rolodex...essential for a booker/producer.

Up to 5,000 words on the anthology. I think I'm calling it Karma Kitty. Or maybe Karma Kitty Goes to Comic Con. It's definitely a comedy. Silly, but fun. I'm enjoying writing it. Going to try to get 2,000 words a day written so I can be done in 2 weeks. Cause I've also got revisions on Gamer Girl that I have to tackle by the end of September.

I think my dad is coming in on Saturday to visit, which will be great. Haven't seen him since March and I really want to show him my place and around NY. Then at night I have a party to go to for a friend who's getting married the following weekend. Looking forward to that, too. Should be a fun weekend.

I finished Book #6 in Stephen King's Dark Tower series (Song of Susannah). Ended in a cliffhanger so of course I swung by my favorite bookstore (Posner's in Grand Central Station) and grabbed the 7th and final book in the series. Stephen King is one of those authors where I absolutely adore some of his stuff and can't stand other things. The Stand, for example, may be one of my favorite books of all time. Not so much on the horror stuff though. The Dark Tower series is amazing though. Got a bit stalled with Book #5 - Wolves of Calla - which I didn't really love and so I put off moving on to Book #6, but now that I'm done reading it, I'm mad I didn't get to it sooner. I really like the twist of King being in the book, not to give too much away. Book #7 is 850 pages (gah!) but I bet I'll breeze through it.

Okay off to play some WoW. I started a draneai character. A shaman. She's level 10 right now. Having fun playing her. Also doing the Netherdrake quests so I can get my dragon mount. I'm revered now -- less than 21,000 rep to go!

Mar

No comments: