Friday, March 16, 2007

Yay - Friday!

Yay it's Friday! Of course it's snowing. Grrr. Is it NOT time for spring yet? I ask you!

This weekend will be a wash, likely, with bad weather and lots of revisions. But as my friend Mary said today, "You LIVE there, Mar! You don't have to go out and do everything all at once." Too true. I have plenty of time to experience NY, NY.

I did meet up with the lovely Diana Peterfreund last night for a drink. Of course she made me meet her in Times Square where it took a full 10 minutes to navigate four blocks cause of all the foot traffic. :P See, after just under two weeks I'm already a snob, bitching about the tourists. Wait til I've been here a month!! Once I finally found her though, we went and had drinks at a lovely place called "The Library Bar" at the Paramount Hotel, as seen below. It's very chill and you don't feel the hustle and bustle of the world outside. Good choice.



We had fun talking about World of Warcraft and writing. (Cause what else is there? hehe) Diana gave me a lovely ARC of Under the Rose - can't wait to read it! And I gave her a Shomi excerpt booklet. (Since I am a loser who hasn't finished her revisions yet and thus has no lovely ARC of Moongazer to hand over to writer friends one meets at bars.) I did show her Liz Maverick's Shomi ARC for WIRED, hoping I'd at least get some cred for that - through osmosis or something... ;-)

Then I went home, feeling good that I'd at least done one New York thing, and spent the rest of the evening putting together a towel rack to stand above my toilet and eating Chef Boyardee ravioli. Ah, such a glam, glam life I lead.

I really wish it weren't snowing.

Mar

No comments: