Monday, June 22, 2009

Weekend Wrap-Up

This weekend Jacob's parents came for a visit, staying with us in Jersey City. Even though we didn't have perfect weather, we made the most of their time here.

On Friday night we tried out a trendy restaurant in the Meatpacking District called STK. Yes, don't let the no-vowels fool you - it is a steakhouse. I had a hard time finding a photo of it that I can paste here. This is the best I can do. For better photos - it's a very cool looking restaurant, click on the link above.





Obviously at STK I had steak. I also had their amazing mashed potatoes that must have had more butter and cream than potato but were absolutely delectable. And their mac and cheese side was to die for. Mmmm. Such an amazing meal!

On Saturday we had brunch at Jane in the Village and then at night we ate at Nobu. I'd only been there one other time (when Jacob took me for my birthday) and back then I didn't know that the thing to order was Black Cod with Miso. I tried it this time and oh wow it is the best thing I think I ever tasted. So delicious!!! And no, the picture cannot do it justice! But trust me - it's sweet and delicious and melts in your mouth!





I found the recipe online and so need to try to cook it!!

On Sunday, Jacob's parents had to fly back so we tried to go on a run. But the rain cut it a bit short. I did manage to run a little more than an hour though. I'm trying to up my mileage each week. At night we went to the movies and saw The Hangover. Which was raunchy and funny, but not as good as everyone has made it out to be, in my opinion. Oh well.

Hopefully this week will be mellow - I'm really tired at the moment!!

Happy Father's Day to my dad and all the other dads out there!

:)
MARIANNE

4 comments:

Unknown said...

wow that does look yummy actually.
i just found your blog when i was looking up the release date for bad blood and OMG i cant wait!!! :)
i love your writing, its absolutely amazing.
keep up the great work :D

Mari Mancusi said...

Thanks girl! And btw - if you didnt' find the release date with your search, it's in January!! (Long wait, I know!)

:)
MARI

Theresa said...

Hi! I just found your blog while searching for your other book titles :) I loved your book "A Fashionista in King Authur's Court" !! I actually just finished reading it and am a little disappointed that I don't have "A Hoboken Hipster in Sherwood Forest" on hand to read right now =(

I'm so glad that I picked Fashionista up to read though. This is actually the first book I've read by you, but I hope to read more soon! You're definitely an awesome writer. Keep up the good work, I'd definitely love to read more from you in the future. Good luck!

Mari Mancusi said...

Awh, thanks Teresa! I'm so glad you liked CT Fashionista. It was my first ever book and so it holds a special place in my heart! I hope you enjoy the sequel just as much!! :)

MARIANNE