Thursday, June 11, 2009

Rain, rain go away

Hey all -

Thought I'd give up a quick update of my week, though nothing too exciting going on. Sunday Jacob and I headed out to Long Island to see Nine Inch Nails in concert. We had great seats - like 8th row - but it was freezing cold out. Here's me, huddling to get warm.


photo.jpg


Speaking of getting warm, it's been cool and rainy in NYC all week. What is up with that? I mean, we're in mid-June now! My current "would rather be there" spots, Orlando and Austin are 80 and 104 degrees, respectively. Yes, you New Englanders are shuddering at the idea of 104. But, uh, it's a dry heat? Anyway, I'd rather deal with hot sun than rain any day of the week, just sayin.

Yesterday Jacob ran a 5k race as part of the citywide corporate challenge. I was registered but wimped out. Not cause I can't make 5k but because I didn't know anyone going from my work and didn't really want to enter that madhouse of thousands of runners without a friend. I swear Im going to do a race soon, though. And I did go home and run my own personal 5k. So I'm not a total loser.

Well, except that EA sent me a review copy of Sims 3 and I've been playing it nonstop since. I think it's so superior to former Sims games, even though I've liked them too. It's got a lot more goals and game like aspects so your sims are doing more than just peeing and sleeping. The only thing I don't like is they age rather quickly. I'm worried my original sims are going to die of old age before they can meet all the goals I have for them. I guess, not unlike real life.

In writing world, I passed in my anthology story for My Zombie Valentine, which will come out in January. Waiting for edits on that. And I'm still plugging away at The Camelot Code. Actually I'm more than plugging at this point. I feel like I'm flying a bit. It's coming much easier now that I have the main setup right at last. I really think it will end up being my best book yet - even though it's given me the most trouble. So yay! Expect it on store shelves in 2053. hah.

This weekend, if it stops raining, we're going to go hiking on Saturday and bring Molly. We can't do huge hikes with her cause she's getting old, but she enjoys herself so much we can't leave her behind. So we're going to pick a happy medium.

That's all for now! :) Hope everyone is well!

Marianne

No comments: