Monday, June 15, 2009

Monday

Oh what a surprise - it's a rainy Monday. Sigh. I'm so sick of the rain - I feel like we moved to Seattle and someone forgot to tell me. Grr.

This weekend we were supposed to go hiking on Saturday - the weather report said sunny and 70s - but instead it poured and we had to head home halfway there. :( We did get to stop at Friendly's at least where Britany and I devoured ice cream sundaes while the boys ate fried type foods. Still, kind of a waste of a rental car. :(

Speaking of, we're seriously considering getting a car. We totally need one, now that we live in Jersey. And it's much more feasible than in NYC where parking is non-existent. Now we just need to decide if we want to invest in a new one or try to find something second hand. Maybe one of those certified used cars? We'll see what we can find that we can afford. Unfortunately we have to spend an extra $125 a month just on parking so that cuts into our budget a bit. Still, it will be SOOO NICE to have a car and not feel so trapped all the time. We can head up to New England for the weekend on a whim or just swing by the grocery store to grab bread. It's funny - for those of you who live in the suburbs a car probably seems so standard. But for us - even the biggest clunker would be the ultimate luxury.

On Sunday (the sunnier day we SHOULD have gone hiking) we went jogging through Hoboken. Did 7 miles which is the longest I've gone so far! Woot! Maybe I will be able to someday do this half-marathon I keep talking about!!

Oh and on Friday Jacob, Chris and I saw MOON, a cool indy sci-fi film. Liked it a lot. It was directed by Duncan Jones, aka David Bowie's son. But I would have enjoyed it regardless. ;)

That's all for now!!
Marianne

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I've been car shoppping since I found out I'd have to put $4000 into "Little Red", my '99 chevy with 117,000 miles. Today I fell in love with an ice blue Ford Focus - good Consumer Report ratings and 24/33 mpg. Think I'm going to buy it. Good luck on your search.

The (Mis)Adventures of a Single City Chick said...

I hate to tell you this, Marianne, but here in Seattle we've been having non-stop sun and mid 70s to low 80s for the past near month. I think Mother Nature inadvertently switched our weather orders. Hope you dry out over there soon! :-)