Sunday, June 07, 2009

Weekend of Horrors!

So yesterday I took time out from my new SIMS 3 addiction and Jacob and I headed to the Javitts Center to go to Fangoria, Weekend of Horrors. It's basically a horror movie convention they have every year. It was very cool. I really need a new camera so I can take photos though. Cause there were a lot of very creative and very scary costumes.

For horror celebrities I saw a couple from Friday the 13th - "Mrs. Voorhees" aka Jason's Mom, actress Betsy Palmer. Kane Hodder, the best Jason ever, the Jason from Friday the 13th part 2 and even the little kid Jason from the end of part one. Crazy that he is still appearing at these things. (Of course he is all grown up.)

There were also guys from Last House on the Left (I guess they revived their appearances after the remake came out) and several behind the scenes types like Tobe Hooper (directed Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Poltergeist) and Tom Savini. (Makeup/special effects for Friday the 13th and other fine horror films.) Tom is kind of a weird hero of mine so I got my photo taken with him with Jacob's iPhone. Problem is, he's also kind of a hero of Jacob's and he got nervous and the picture ended up blurred. Oh well.

Our mission was to find the cheesiest but best horror movie DVD there. For mine I chose The Funhouse, a Tobe Hooper film which kind of was like Texas Chainsaw Massacre at a carnival. And Jacob chose House of the Dead 2, a zombie flick based on the videogame. The fact they made a House of the Dead 2 after the first House of the Dead videogame movie Uwe Boll did astounds me. We have yet to watch that one. Will let you know.

Here are some photos of the event that I found on Flickr.

This guy had the best steampunk glasses ever. I think he was a Victorian Butcher.





Steampunk heart.




Yes, GWAR was there. I first saw them when I was like 16 years old at the Escape Club in Salisbury Beach. I was at a Battle of the Bands that my friends' band, Guido's Dead was performing at and they were the closing act. I remember they splurted fake blood onto the crowd and many of my friends' hair ended up stained pink for a week.

What I want to know is - are these the original members or is it like Menudo where they swap them out?





Anyway, I'm sure most of you don't care about horror, but we love it. So it was a fun time for us to check everything out!!

MARIANNE

No comments: