Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Get your run on!

I, Marianne Mancusi, can write books, dance all night, and apply liquid eyeliner without ending up looking like a raccoon. (Usually…) I cannot, however, run 26.2 miles. Well, maybe if I split it up the mileage over say, two weeks I might have a prayer, but certainly not in one sitting—er, standing.

So I greatly admire those who can pound the pavement for that exorbitant distance and not have their legs fall off in the process. Case in point – my boyfriend Jacob – who ran the San Antonio Rock and Roll marathon along with his sister and father this weekend.

Marathon 011

His mom and I met them every five or so miles to collect unwanted layers and offer up water, Advil, and gummi bears.

Marathon 034

Jacob didn't want to stop though. He was a man on a mission. I could barely get a kiss out of him. (He tasted salty, anyway.)

Marathon 024

His mom got extra gummi bears for other runners and was quite popular when handing them out.

Marathon 022

And I'm happy to report, all three of them finished the marathon! Amazing!

Marathon 039

I don't know how they did it, but I'm very proud of them all the same!

Marianne

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad you had a good time in Texas. It was good to see pictures of Jacob's family. I didn't know I could put comments on your blog until I noticed it on Karen's. Have you read her weekly blog? Have a great Thanksgiving. If you call me, remember I'll be at Michael's and Karen's. I'll check out your new book in Colorado.